Blog Archives: General
Serving up some Krysta Banfield for the month of July! Krysta is a long time member of SFCF who does cutting edge medical research with UCSF. Not only is she super smart, she’s also super strong and happy to nerd out about CrossFit. With an awesome sense of humor and a beautiful smile, say what’s up to Krysta or even ask her out for a drink! Without further ado, Overseer Zacaria Arab brings you this months interview…
1) How long have you been a member at SFCF? Why did you choose SFCF?
I have been a member for 4 years. I joined because I heard it was a good box. I read all the coaches profiles and it looked like they knew what was up so I joined and entered the parking lot of dreams.
2) Tell us a little about what you do and why you like doing it.
I am a Clinical Research Coordinater at the UCSF Breast Cancer Center. I like it because we are doing a lot of cool research to hopefully cure breast cancer soon.
3) Where is your favorite place to twerk?
4) What is your throwback jam?
This Is How We Do It by Montell Jordan
5) What is your CrossFit spirit animal?
6) If you could CrossFit anywhere in the world, where would you do it?
In the South Pacific islands, either Bali or Tahiti.
7) What are your current fitness goals?
Butterfly pull ups, pistols, and Lisa abs (fuck it!)
8) What are your favorite/least favorite CrossFit movements?
I am good at cleaning and also like handstand push ups. I hate thrusters and wall balls, they’re pretty much the same thing.
9) Order up your ideal man.
Tall, dark, handsome and with a six pack. He also has to know how to thrust me since I’m not about thrusters myself.
10) Who is your CrossFit celeb crush? Celeb crush?
Garret Fisher and Channing Tatum
11) What are your downtime hobbies and activities?
I read a lot, I am a huge nerd. I don’t have any hobbies, CrossFit is my hobby.
12) Do you have any summer plans?
I’m going to Trinidad for my grandpa’s 100th birthday!
13) Final thoughts, shout outs, coach callouts?
Sorry Pat for never listening to you in class. =)