Blog Archives: General
Your WOD for Monday Feb 9: First day of 530AM classes! Woo hoo!
A) 8 minute AMRAP of power clean’s and burpee pull-ups
B) Front Squats
C) Weighted Pull-Up’s
A) Chipper: 40 cal Row, deadlifts, toes to bar, and muscle-up’s
B) 4 rounds of dumb bell soldier walks and heavy star f*&krs
Long time member Doreen Di Salvo joined the SFCF team over the last several months. She runs retail in the office and just started the Winter internship. East coast transplant, now SF-lifer, Doreen has big plans for 2015.
1) What’s your name? Where are you from?
Doreen DiSalvo. Boston, MA.
2) Doreen! you have been at SFCF for a while, how did you get started here?
I started two and half years ago outside in the parking lot of dreams. My boyfriend and I had just broken up and I was changing jobs all at the same time. I needed something to keep my mind busy other than cycling (which I was burnt out from).
3) You recently started the Coaching Internship here, big congratulations to you on that. How does this play into your overall plans?
I haven’t figured that piece out yet. I love coaching and seeing people get better. I have coached in the past (10 years of spinning) and really started to miss that part of my life. I want to find my niche and coach again.
4)What’s your favorite Fiction and your favorite non-fiction book?
Tales of a Female Nomad. Any travel or food memoirs right now. Tyler Hamilton’s book about doping was pretty great. I forget the name.
5)What’s your favorite watering hole in the city?
6) What’s the most personal thing you’re willing to share with me this instant?..and with the whole box?
I am a pretty open book – random private facts are weird. Like I like puppies?
7) Along with numerous other members and staff, you ‘re doing the Whole Life Challenge. I know it’s early in the process but how’s it going?
I really like seeing the news feed to see how people are doing. I do wish there was more tracing and accountability built into the system.
8) Truth AND Dare:
Truth: What is the first thing you notice in people?
Are they coming towards me or away from me? Boy or girl? Let’s go with smile as the safe answer (guys walking away would be ass)
Dare: Submit a Duck face picture.
9) You are one of our new interns and you just completed a strong man certification. How does this play into some of your over all goals?
I didn’t do the cert but I am competing in my first powerlifting meet at the end of March and it scares the shit out of me.
10) Is there anything that you would like to share that you haven’t been able to?
Life is all about constantly doing things that scare you. I already have two things that scare me this year. What do you have planned?