Grass Fed Meat & Organic Veggie CSA Coming to SFCF
We are delighted to announce that Tara Firma Farms is going to be doing a meat and vegetable CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) drop at SFCF once a month starting on April 12th. Tara Firma Farm is located in Petaluma and specializes in pasture raised chicken, grass fed beef, pasture raised pork, pasture raised chicken eggs, and seasonal organic produce. Their boxes are a mix of chicken, beef, and pork, allowing you to enjoy many cuts not experienced before (recipes included) and various seasonal vegetables and fruits. Eggs and other items can also be added to your box. They also offer free farm tours every weekend to CSA members so, if you are interested in checking out where your food comes from, you can have a look. This is a great way to support local farms and get really high-quality food directly to you.
- Tara Firma will drop your meat/eggs/veggies at SFCF on the second Thursday of every month at 3:00 p.m. so you can come and pick it up anytime after that. The meat is packed in a cooler with ice so can easily be picked up at night when you come to class.
- You can choose a Meat Share, a Veggie Share, or do a mix of meat and veggies.
- There is a minimum order of $100 but you may select a mix of meat, veggies, and eggs to meet that minimum.
- In addition to your box, you can shop on the farm’s web store to add additional items to your box if, for example, you know you are having a dinner party and want a particular cut of meat or specific veggies. They have eggs, gluten-free breads, dairy products, and more.
- You can change your order the week before and put a vacation hold on if you are out of town.
- Read more about how the CSA Shares work HERE
How To Sign Up
- Start the sign-up process HERE
- Select SF-Crossfit Presidio as your pick-ups site
- When you choose your type of share, select San Francisco Monthly