Olympic Lifting Club
Open to all members of San Francisco CrossFit as well as non-members. This is a two-hour class that focuses primarily on instructing and improving technical execution of the snatch, clean & jerk and related lifts. Only Olympic and auxiliary lifts can be practiced at this time. Individuals with little or no prior experience with the Olympic lifts may be required to attend private coaching sessions if training and technical work is beyond what can be accomplished during the class time. Fees: $25 daily drop-in fee.
Is this class right for me?
If you are an athlete who:
- is looking to help improve explosiveness and power for his/her sport;
- is looking for a better baseline level of overall strength;
- would like better technique, efficiency and coordination with the snatch, clean & jerk and other related lifts;
- is a CrossFit athlete and would like to compliment his/her weekly metabolic conditioning workouts with strength training;
- is a CrossFit athlete and would like to see his/her WOD times goes down (i.e. Isabelle and Grace);
- is a competitive or recreational Olympic Style Weightlifter.
Programming varies on a weekly basis and is done for the class as a whole, with the exception of needed modifications for individual athletes. Please arrive early to warm-up, mobilize, and gear-up before class. In each class athletes can expect to snatch, clean & jerk, perform dynamic pulling drills, perform upper body strength and/or dynamic work, perform squats for strength and/or speed, and finish with abs.
For further questions, please contact Diane Fu at email@example.com.