Nutritionist Panel & Paleo Potluck at Tara Firma Farm, May 15th – 5 – 8 p.m.
Our awesome grass-fed meat CSA providers, Tara Firma Farms, are hosting a panel discussion about the Paleo Diet along with a Paleo Potluck at the farm next week. This is an awesome way to learn more about why local, quality meats and veggies are so important and a way to see where your food is coming from directly. Read below to get more of an idea of who they are, and join them for a Paleo Potluck and nutrition talk at the Farm to see the operation and meet the farmers!
When: May 15
Where: Tara Firma Farms 3796 I street Petaluma 94952
Details: BYO utensils, plates etc, a Paleo Dish to share, and a grill if you like! The farm will provide meat for purchase and grill space for use. Bring comfortable layers to wear as we will be in a barn.
Can’t make it to the Potluck? No worries! There are lots of other events happening at the farm and you are invited! Check out their event’s webpage here: http://www.tarafirmafarms.com/Events/tabid/59/Default.aspx
In May, the farm is WAIVING the membership fee! To sign up go here: http://csa.farmigo.com/join/tarafirmafarms
What Tara Firma Farms Offers
· Grass Raised Beef
· Pastured Chicken
· Pastured Turkey
· Pastured Pork
· Pastured Eggs
· Local/organic/biodynamic Vegetables
What Tara Firma Farms Is All About
· Tara Firma Farms is a family owned beyond organic farm in Petaluma, California, founded by Tara and Craig Smith in 2009. Working in harmony with land and animals, we offer our community real food that balances the needs of our environment with the needs of our nutrition. Our goals are to educate the community regarding REAL food, provide that food and build a training center for future farmers.
· All of the animals are raised on pasture and managed in a holistic way. This makes all the difference. Animals raised on pasture, free from stress and antibiotics, provide us with the healthy meat we need. Unlike most meat available in stores, our meat is loaded with Omega 3’s, CLA’s and other nutrients that keep us healthy, naturally. We raise pigs, cattle, and chicken for meat and eggs. We never use herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, or any other “cides”. In other words, our animals don’t do drugs!
· Our garden is managed using bio-intensive gardening. We compost, integrate pollinator attractor plants in the garden, and grow beautiful heirloom varieties. We even have a few bee boxes in the garden too! The demand for fresh seasonal produce has been more than we can meet with our garden, so we include produce from diverse organic farms just down the road from us including County Line Harvest, Marin Roots, First Light, and Allstar Organics.
· On that note, we support the local farms around us by acting as a hub where they can sell their goods. We include honey from Marshall’s Farm, olive oil and olives from McEvoy Ranch, yogurt and butter from Straus Family Creamery, raw goat cheese from Redhill Goat Farm, and granola, gluten free bread, muffins, fruit, and preserves from various local vendors. You can add any and all of these products to your share of veggies or meat, some rarely go into a grocery store after shopping with us!
· CSA: Community Supported Agriculture. It’s like a subscription to the farm. Our CSA members sign up for either a meat share or veggie share, or both if they choose. The meat comes as an assortment of cuts of beef, pork and chicken, which we will choose for you and switch it up each time, allowing you to try a range of our delicious meats. The veggie shares are a mix of the freshest, seasonal crops available. Usually they include some roots, cookable greens, perhaps an herb, and some table greens as well. What you end up getting is an order that is full in quantity and high quality food!
Join the CSA at San Francisco Crossfit! Deliveries are made once a month on the second Thursday of the month. Sign Up Here